Often asked: How Much Does The Average Gym Membership Cost?
- 1 What is the average cost of gym per month?
- 2 What is the cheapest gym to join?
- 3 How much is a gym membership UK?
- 4 Is gym membership expensive?
- 5 Is it worth going to a gym?
- 6 Is Planet Fitness really $10 a month?
- 7 How can I get a free gym membership?
- 8 Is 24 Hour Fitness actually 24 hours?
- 9 Can you negotiate a gym membership?
- 10 Which gym is best to join?
- 11 Why do gyms have joining fees?
- 12 What is the world’s most expensive gym?
- 13 What is the most luxurious gym?
What is the average cost of gym per month?
Analysis by consumer website Finder shows that most gym chains are competitively priced, at an average $21 per week, with joining fees ranging from $0 to $199. Some clubs, such as F45, can cost up to three times as much, roughly $65 a week. Over a year, that’s $3380.
What is the cheapest gym to join?
Five most affordable gym memberships
- Planet Fitness. Planet Fitness advertises itself as a gym for people who don’t like gyms, with ads referring to every Planet Fitness location as a “Judgement Free Zone.”
- Cardinal Fitness.
- Your Local YMCA.
- Gold’s Gym.
- LA Fitness.
How much is a gym membership UK?
On average, a membership fee is about £40 a month. You can cut the cost by shopping around to check the prices of non-for-profit gyms and non-gym exercise classes, and seeing what pay as you go contract-free options are available.
Is gym membership expensive?
How much does the average annual gym membership cost? In the US the average annual membership cost is $507 for the first year. The cost drops to $479 for the succeeding years because you no longer pay any initiation or enrolment fees.
Is it worth going to a gym?
If you invest the time and energy to get in shape, or you’re pretty sure you won’t stop going after a couple of months, there’s one more key to making sure a gym membership is worth the money. Most gyms offer at least a week for free, so you can find out if it has everything you need.
Is Planet Fitness really $10 a month?
Planet Fitness prides itself on offering low-cost memberships, with a standard membership at $10 a month and higher-tier membership, with its PF Black Card, at an average of $19.99 a month.
How can I get a free gym membership?
Some gyms have low income programs.
- Community Recreation Centers often have low income programs.
- YMCA offers financial assistance.
- 24 Hour Fitness offers a 3-Day Free Pass.
- Anytime Fitness offers a free 7-day pass.
- Crunch Fitness offers a free 7-day pass.
- Genesis Health Clubs offer a free 7 -day pass.
Is 24 Hour Fitness actually 24 hours?
Club Hours Many of our locations are open 24 hours a day. To find out when a specific location is open, please use our Club Finder.
Can you negotiate a gym membership?
Luckily, gym contracts are absolutely negotiable. “Based on my research of gyms and my own experience negotiating with LA Fitness and Planet Fitness, it’s more than possible to bargain for a lower rate or sign-up bonus with a new gym,” says J.R. Duren, a personal finance journalist at Highya.com.
Which gym is best to join?
The 7 Best Gym Memberships of 2021
- Best Overall: Crunch Fitness.
- Best on a Budget: Anytime Fitness.
- Best for Strength Training: LA Fitness.
- Best Value: Blink Fitness.
- Best for Luxury: Equinox.
- Best Boutique Gym: Orangetheory Fitness.
- Best for Amenities: Life Time.
Why do gyms have joining fees?
What is a gym or club joining fee? It covers the cost of setting up an account. This is often used top extract more money from customers. Most people will sign up online and the cost top the gym is negligible.
What is the world’s most expensive gym?
Located in Belgrade, Serbia, and designed by 4of7 the Wellness Sky has become known as the world’s most expensive gym. Spanning an impressive 1100 sqm and looking spectacular, the gym’s average membership costs sits at around £30,000 a year.
What is the most luxurious gym?
The Most Luxurious Gyms in America
- Athletes’ Performance. Phoenix, AZ.
- Drive 495. New York, NY.
- The Bunker. Beverly Hills, CA.
- David Barton Gym. South Beach, FL.
- Bosse Sports. Sudbury, MA.
- East Bank Club. Chicago, IL.
- Sitaris. New York, NY.
- The Houstonian Club. Houston, TX.